httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <Bennett.T...@cnf.com>
Subject RE: apache httpd with C++ on AIX
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 23:46:24 GMT
Balaji,

If you want to use DSO, then you need to modify the directives
to NOT use "=static"... but instead use "=shared".

BTW, xlc is NOT a C++ compiler... xlC  (note capital c) is the C++
compiler interface.... I can't help you on using C++ in Apache...
...Apache's written in C and all of my modules are written in C.

If you are going to use a "threaded" model, then you must specify
the "threaded" interface to the C (or C++) compiler... which is
why the "_r" is appended to the compiler name (i.e. xlc_r  or for C++
xlC_r).

Lastly, here are a couple of links to this topic being discussed on this

list in the past:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=110932301429869&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=110932347318524&w=2

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=110932503111874&w=2