httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <Bennett.T...@cnf.com>
Subject RE: apache httpd with C++ on AIX
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 22:49:23 GMT
Here's how I configure Apache 2.0.52 for AIX, prior to issuing a 'make':

	CC="xlc_r"; export CC
	CPPFLAGS="-D_THREAD_SAFE"; export CPPFLAGS
	"./configure" \
	"--prefix=/usr/local/apache" \
	"--with-mpm=worker" \
	"--without-berkeley-db" \
	"--enable-dav=static" \
	"--enable-dav_fs=static" \
	"--with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl" \
	"--enable-ssl=static" \
	"--with-egd=/etc/entropy" \

HTH,
-tony

________________________________

	From: Balaji [mailto:rbalaji@firstam.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:11 PM
	To: dev@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: apache httpd with C++ on AIX

	Hi,

	            I am trying to compile an apache httpd module using
a makefile and not using apxs. But when I try to boot apache, it throws
the following error

	Syntax error on line 238 of
/home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

	Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so
into server: \t0

	509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a
valid format.

	Looks like apxs binds in some flags and generates some register
functions into the files before compiling. I am really not sure what it
does.

	            But originally, if I have a class keyword in my
source files, apxs doesnot compile it at all. I am using xlc compiler on
AIX and I have configured apache to use this compiler before the
configure stage itself. Can anybody tell me what the missing link is? Is
it impossible to work with C++ on apache. (sounds illogical though)

	Your help will really really be significant to solve one of our
problems.

	Regards,
	Balaji