httpd-dev mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Commit Policy on 2.2.x
Date Fri, 13 May 2005 19:17:11 GMT
* Paul Querna wrote:

> I propose the following policy apply to the 2.2.x branch, once (and if)
> it is created:
>
> Before GA: A 'soft' CTR.  Any small bug fixes can be directly committed.
>   Any API changes must be reviewed by the list. (lazy consensus).  Any
> large changes must get voted on.

According to my other mail, I'm going to apply your suggestion to a 2.1.x
branch:

I see a problem with it in general: Who decides if it is a small bugfix or
something bigger? Since our test suite is far from being complete and the
code is full of side effects *I* would not like to be the one to decide
such things ;-)

I tend to vote -1 on CTR in whatever flavor on stable and stabilizing
branches (except documentation, comments and text-only changes, FWIW).

nd
--
Winnetous Erbe: <http://pub.perlig.de/books.html#apache2>