httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Post-2.2 Thoughts
Date Sun, 08 May 2005 17:34:07 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> I thought doing FTP would be interesting, and provide a good alternative
> for sites that are doing high volume anonymous FTP.  For example,
> consider mirror servers, which currently need two server programs and
> two configuration files. With 'httpd' one set of permissions and one
> config could serve both http and ftp.  I think its a cool application.

It actually is. I'm excited about donating Covalent's mod_ftp module
which has been used (and still currently is) by many extremely high-end
FTP sites... As mentioned previously, once ERS3 is released by Covalent,
mod_ftp is likely to enter incubation (already rec'd positive votes by
both HTTPD PMC and Incubator PMC).

    "There 10 types of people: those who read binary and everyone else."