httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Balaji" <rbal...@firstam.com>
Subject problem starting apache - __mcount runtime defn not found.
Date Fri, 06 May 2005 00:16:19 GMT
Hi,

            I have built an apache dso using the make system on AIX. But
when I do an "apachectl startssl", it throws the following error:

Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into server:
rtl

d: 0712-001 Symbol __mcount was referenced\n      from module
/home/rbalaji/usr/

local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so(), but a runtime definition\n      of the
symb

ol was not found.

Mod_dyso.so is my dso module which I have configured to be loaded by apache.
I couldn't find any library where there is a defn of __mcount symbol on AIX.
One of the websites say that this is part of the profiler suite if I am
using it. But I couldn't find any profiler suite either on my machine. Any
pointers?? I am using makeC++SharedLib to link and xlC_r to compile my
sources.

Regards,

Balaji