httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Balaji" <rbal...@firstam.com>
Subject apache httpd with C++ on AIX
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 22:11:05 GMT
Hi,

            I am trying to compile an apache httpd module using a makefile
and not using apxs. But when I try to boot apache, it throws the following
error

Syntax error on line 238 of /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /home/rbalaji/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_dyso.so into server:
\t0

509-026 System error: Cannot run a file that does not have a valid format.

Looks like apxs binds in some flags and generates some register functions
into the files before compiling. I am really not sure what it does.

            But originally, if I have a class keyword in my source files,
apxs doesnot compile it at all. I am using xlc compiler on AIX and I have
configured apache to use this compiler before the configure stage itself.
Can anybody tell me what the missing link is? Is it impossible to work with
C++ on apache. (sounds illogical though)

Your help will really really be significant to solve one of our problems.

Regards,
Balaji