httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <sternm...@lycos.co.uk>
Subject Re: SSL error trapping
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 12:47:17 GMT
I got it working !
Here is my solution. Questions 1 & 4 still remain.
The additional module (ssl_error) also works, although I need to fine-tune it.

Feel free to criticize and enhance.

Marc

-------------------

In 'ssl_hook_Access( )' (ssl_engine_kernel.c), the last line can be replaced by:

    { /* MSTERN: SSL errors trapping */
        const char *ssl_client_verify = ssl_var_lookup( r->pool, r->server, r->connection,
r, apr_pstrdup(r->pool, "SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY") );
        if ( ! ssl_client_verify ) {
      ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOERRNO | APLOG_DEBUG, 0, r->server, "Unable to get
SSL Verification STATUS");
      return HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR; /* cannot find ssl_var_lookup( ) */
     }

        if ( ! *ssl_client_verify ) return HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR; /* not in a SSL session
*/

        if ( strcmp(ssl_client_verify, "NONE") == 0 ) return HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR; /*
SSL negociation not finished */

     ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_NOERRNO | APLOG_DEBUG, 0, r->server, "Certificate Verification
     if ( strcmp(ssl_client_verify, "SUCCESS") == 0 ) return DECLINED;
     if ( strncmp(ssl_client_verify, "GENEROUS", 8) == 0 ) return DECLINED;
    }

    apr_table_setn(r->notes, "ssl-access-forbidden", "1");

    { /* Check if mod_ssl_error is loaded */
        extern AP_DECLARE_DATA module *ap_top_module;
        module *m;
        for ( m = ap_top_module; m; m = m->next )
            if ( strcmp(m->name, "mod_ssl_error.c") == 0 ) return DECLINED;
    }
    return HTTP_FORBIDDEN;