httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "spam-admin" <>
Subject Fw: [PROPOSAL] Branch 2.1.x on May 13
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 11:05:11 GMT

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Paul Querna" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 12:24 PM
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Branch 2.1.x on May 13

> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>>This has somewhat turned into the real question, What are the show
>>>stoppers for a 2.2 GA Branch?
>>>If you believe an issue is a show stopper for a GA Branch, please add it
>>>to the STATUS File.
>> So to amend your original proposal; on May 13;
>>   * tagging an alpha candidate
>>   * identifying all showstoppers to GA
>> and if that list is short enough, we will be able to read how long
>> the window from 2.1-dev to 2.2 GA actually is, and if we are fitting
>> into something that resembles a one month timeframe.
> Whats wrong with updating the STATUS File today?
> AFAIK, the only other major issue is to do with apr-iconv 1.x
> conflicting with apr-iconv 0.9.x. -- and as previously discussed, this
> does not affect most unix platforms, since they do not use apr-iconv.  I
> don't have the best understanding of this issue, since it doesn't effect
> me, but if no one else does it, I will add it later today to the STATUS
> file.
> Are there other issues anyone believes to be show stoppers?
> Get them out on the table now. Waiting for another 'alpha' is silly.  If
> something is so detrimental to block making a 'beta' release, it should
> be documented so everyone knows about it, and we can get more ideas on
> how to fix it.
> -Paul

View raw message