httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rici Lake <r...@ricilake.net>
Subject mod_proxy handling of error returns from scheme handlers
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:46:52 GMT
Just a query: I was looking at the code for mod_proxy.c and I wonder if
the behaviour is really correct.

At line 632, it loops through the configured proxy hosts, trying
proxy_run_scheme_handler on each one. If it receives any return code
other than DECLINED or HTTP_BAD_GATEWAY, it accepts the result.

But then at line 656, having failed to find a proxy which will handle
the request, it tries the request directly. In this case, it retries on
any error return if max_attempts has not been reached. This would cause
a retry, for example, on an authentication required status return,
which seems odd.

Perhaps I am missing something.

Rici