httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nathanael Noblet <nathan...@gnat.ca>
Subject File attachments...
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:13:28 GMT
Hello,
	Just curious, is there any reason someone on this list would
intentionally attach a file with a .scr ending? Periodically I get the
ezmlm program emailing me and complaining that sometimes my address
bounces messages back. I've looked and it is because they contain files
with the .scr ending. Now I don't run windows and so I am not
particularily scared of the files, but some clients of mine using this
mailserver likely should be. So I'm wondering if it is a file extension
people often use for something valid, as we rarely have file extensions
in Linux/Unix I can't imagine that it is. Which leads me to wonder if
ezmlm can drop emails with those extensions if they are infact usually
faked emails with viral attachments?

	Have I missed the boat?
--
Nathanael D. Noblet