httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rici Lake <r...@ricilake.net>
Subject Re: mod_proxy handling of error returns from scheme handlers
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:21:17 GMT

On 8-Apr-05, at 1:40 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> In theory (if I understand it correctly) it wouldn't - because it
> would only try the direct connection on DECLINED or bad gateway - if
> authentication was denied, the result would be neither DECLINED nor
> bad gateway, and so the direct connection would never be tried in this
> case.

I guess it raises the issue of why the direct connection is attempted.
Presumably it is possible that all the configured downstream proxies
refused to pass on the request to the origin server, but that *this*
server succeeds in passing the request to the origin server. In that
case, the result could be anything that the origin server returned. No?