httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Reading byte to byte from client request
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 18:46:56 GMT
At 01:33 PM 4/20/2005, Ivan Barrera A. wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>>>I also think that.. but then.. where ???
>>
>>You should reimplement the core filter, which will allow you to drive
>>network socket activity, even if mod_ssl is in place.
>
>i was afraid you might say that :)

It's not nearly as difficult as you might imagine, took me about
three days for mod_ftp's core filter replacement (had to poll both
the data and control sockets.)

Steal liberally from the core socket implementation.

Whatever you do - do NOT READ BYTE AT A TIME, unless you want
your 'solution' to be more toxic than the cure.

Simply set a low-threshold timeout, and as an early poster pointed
out, compare the request time with the accumulated time each time
that the read pops.