httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: simple-conf branch
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:03:27 GMT
At 09:37 AM 4/4/2005, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>+1 to Greg's comment, I also think that for a new users, having a bunch of little .conf
files will be more confusing.  For experienced users, they will split up the .conf file however
they see fit anyway.  So it doesn't really matter.

With all due respect, if we break this into 'logical' groups,
I believe it will make it easier for the new user to learn each
group of features, one .conf fragment at a time.

Most 'cookbooks' are organized this way, and it turns out to be
a great method of teaching.

Bill