httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Default Modules
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:30:28 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>> mod_asis: yes -> no
>> mod_imap: most -> no
>

> I would prefer we keep mod_imap as most.  Probably the same for
> mod_asis. These were default modules in 2.0 - therefore, I think
> disabling them unless explicit in 2.2 could be worrisome.

Serously?

Have you ever used mod_imap? Or, at least, since 1996? I have a hard
time even explaining to people what mod_imap does, let alone finding
anyone who has actually ever used it. I'm completely certain that nobody
would ever notice if we just completely yanked it from the distribution.
Well, except that I'd have one less thing to complain about. :-)

--Rich