httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r160209 - httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm/winnt/child.c
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:43:16 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> How is this worthless?  IIUC, the unix mpm's announce the
>> creation of each worker.
>

> Worker, Prefork and Event do not.

Correct. Only Windows logs a debug message for each and every thread created. I added these
two debug messages
to winnt_mpm a couple of years back to help track down what appeared to be a shutdown bug.
Problem actually
was that thread creation at startup was failing due to the huge 1MB default stack size on
windows; we now log
thread creation failure and do our active thread accounting properly; these two debug messages
unnecessarily
clutter up the error log and we can live w/o them imho.

Bill