httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: svn commit: r159797 - in httpd/httpd/branches/simple-conf/docs/conf: extra/httpd-mpm.conf httpd-std.conf.in
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:40:55 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> Euh... don't we need one of those for proper operation? Or do they all
> have defaults, so a .conf isn't really needed?

Dude, one of my biggest complaints with the whole httpd.conf we ship is
that we have defaults for _everything_. None of it is needed. And I find
it a major PITA trying to figure out what people did when they edit a
stock httpd.conf. We should ship an empty one.

Or, at least, one with _everything_ commented out.