httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Default Modules
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 17:56:21 GMT
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 09:15:38AM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> I changed mod_imap this morning from 'yes' to 'most', because I was
> tired of disabling it every time I do a new install.  I think we should
> reconsider what modules are enabled by default.  Here is my list of
> suggested changes:
>
> mod_version: all -> yes
> mod_asis: yes -> no

I'd prefer -> most as it is rarely used but not totally useless.

> mod_imap: most -> no
> mod_dumpio: most -> all
> mod_rewrite: most -> yes

+1 on those - as far as I'm concerned, mod_imap should have gone years
ago.
Others mentioned mod_ssl which I think is too much trouble to be worth
enabling other than when requested explicitly - there's the whole crypto
regs issue and it does link in another lib, which is something that I
prefer limiting to when it is actually needed.

vh

Mads Toftum