httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: simple-conf branch
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 08:33:06 GMT
On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 02:58:26PM -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:
> Please take a look at
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/simple-conf/docs/conf/
>
> This is my long-threatened project to massively simplify the basic
> httpd.conf by splitting a bunch of stuff out into smaller files in the
> extra/ directory that are not included by default.

As long as the default is a single file, then I'm cool with this. The key
here is that the "gazillion little .conf files" are *not* included in the
default .conf file. That would be a pain because changes could involve one
or more of N separate files.

So: given that... I'm very supportive of a smaller default file.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/