httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Nitesh Naik" <nit...@zedo.com>
Subject Re: what tool can detect memory leak in mod?
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:48:36 GMT

Not sure about windows.  Tried on Linux and Purify detects memory leak in
custom Apache modules.

used following options while compiling apache
    export CC="purify -follow-child-processes=yes gcc"

Regards
Nitesh Naik

----- Original Message -----
From: <sreedhar.badi@wipro.com>
To: <dev@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:01 PM
Subject: RE: what tool can detect memory leak in mod?

We tried using Purify for Windows version of Apache. It never detects
leaks in Apache Modules. When the modules are independenty tested using
Test Drivers Purify shows the memory leaks, but the same when integrated
with Apache it does not show leaks. Probably we might have done some
thing wrong. Would appreciate if some one explains about how to
configure the Apache modules with purify.