httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rici Lake <r...@ricilake.net>
Subject Re: do we still want sendfile enabled with our default conf files?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:48:01 GMT
Bill,

What's the performance problem?

There was someone on #apache yesterday who claimed to experience the
following problem: On a local switched network, Apache2 on Win2K3
transferred at 800kbps, while IIS on the same box transferred at
8-11mbps. When he replaced the cable to the server with a shorter one,
Apache speeded up to 4 mpbs but IIS still ran at full speed. He tried
it with both Windows and Mac OS X clients, and experienced the same
symptom.

Could this be related to sendfile?

Rici.