httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: scrap dbmmanage in favor of htdbm for 2.2? document as deprecated in 2.0?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:23:06 GMT
On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:32:25 -0500, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:15:54 +0200, André Malo <nd@perlig.de> wrote:
> > -0 since htdbm lacks the group features (afaics).
>
> Probably in need of a syntax and/or doc change but the following seems
> to work with authz_dbm
>
> htdbm  -t mydb myuser "group1,group2,group3:my comment"
>
> (-t is "last parameter used for comments field")

Ouch.  So when people have been adding comments currently with no
preceding colon, mod_authz_dbm would interpret that as a group?
Likely the group wouldn't match, but still...

Sounds like the comments parameter shouldn't allow embedded colon (to
avoid misinterpretation), and there should also be a group parameter
(-g group1[,group2]...), and the comment handling should put the
comment in the right place? (i.e., leave group field properly set to
empty or a list of groups)