httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject do we still want sendfile enabled with our default conf files?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:57:49 GMT
IMHO, all default conf files except for highperformance[-std].conf
should have the "EnableSendfile off" directive uncommented, under the
theory that people who want the extra performance can take an action
to re-enable sendfile and then pay attention to the web server
behavior afterwards but people who just want the darn thing to work
shouldn't be bothered.  Some percentage of the latter group will have
problems they are ill-equipped to handle, because some feature that is
not important to them is enabled.

We've discussed this before and nothing ever happened.  I'm willing to
bet that the experiences of a few more unlucky users since the last
discussion may have shifted the balance.  Comments?