httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.1.3 as beta
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:31:55 GMT

On Mar 7, 2005, at 1:19 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> At 07:22 AM 3/6/2005, Sander Striker wrote:
>> I assume we are in agreement that the current AAA discussion shouldn't
>> hold up moving to 2.2 either.
> Absolutely it does.  Either 2.1-dev has made implementing this
> worse (my essentially workable proposal for 2.0 would no longer
> work at all, with no workaround) or 2.1-dev has made implementing
> such a feature possible, even trivial, even if it's not part of
> the httpd-2.2 core.  Suggesting we push out 2.2 'as is, whatever'
> would be like having shoved out either Ryan's or Greg's original
> filter stack without the group coming to concensus (and best of
> breed solution.)

Bill's point, and it's valid, is whether or not the AAA framework
is robust enough that we can "push" 2.2 with a good warm
and fuzzy feeling that any "fixes or improvements" to it won't
cause an API break (Justin does allude to this). Sure, API
breaks can happen within and between Betas, but they should
be very rare (IMO). I also don't see anything in the
discussion currently which would lead me to believe that
the API we have isn't adequate (at least) to do what
we need done.

I vote +1 for a beta.

View raw message