httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: do we still want sendfile enabled with our default conf files?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:59:43 GMT
--On Friday, March 18, 2005 11:51 AM -0500 Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com>
wrote:

> ouch, add one more brain-dead OS to the list: FreeBSD; some levels
> have had filesystems which don't handle sendfile correctly (same type
> of issue which hits some Linux users)

Do you have details?  FreeBSD's sendfile was broken for some versions (i.e.
<4.10 with threading).  We already have configure checks in APR for some of
this.

I find it amusing that Linux-centric developers feel special in that they
should disable things across the board because their OS has a bug while the
FreeBSD-using developers just add in checks to isolate the issue on their
platform.  =)  -- justin