httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+gm...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: Subrequests should not inherit entity-header fields from the mainline request
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:25:01 GMT
Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> writes:

[...]

> Something that popped into my mind is, what about when you actually
> want to do a POST subrequest?

This is exactly what I've been struggling with in apreq.
I think the only sane thing apreq can do is to assume that
subrequests will never have bodies attached (so no POST data
will ever be available to a subrequest via apreq).  I think
this is the original intent, and that the input filter cloning
is just there to prevent segfaults (e.g. the subrequest might
install new filters for itself).
--
Joe Schaefer