httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Multiple AAA providers
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 19:54:30 GMT
--On Wednesday, March 2, 2005 12:36 PM -0700 Brad Nicholes
<BNICHOLES@novell.com> wrote:

> Although I agree that this would probably be the best way to go, I don't
> think it will be that simple.  Authnz_ldap stores the LDAPurl and other
> information (bind user id, bind password, certs, etc) in a per-Dir
> structure.  At the very least, authnz_ldap would have to be taught how
> to store multiple configurations per-dir.  Other auth modules may have
> the same structure.

It'd be trivial to store this as part of the authn_structure as a 'context'
field.  Each provider could then store its config info in that field
instead.  To reiterate, I think the ideal here is to come up with a config
syntax that allows config-time registration of providers with associated
configuration information.  -- justin