httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.05 release
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:17:06 GMT
--On Wednesday, March 9, 2005 10:00 AM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> With the approach of httpd 2.1-beta (in anticipation of 2.2 GA)
> I'd like to propose the httpd project integrate apreq into the
> core distribution.  This project has evolved considerably since
> it was first considered.
>
> Comment or vote?

In general, I'm not really comfortable with adding a large amount of perl
code to our tree.  httpd is a C project not a perl project - I'm not
overjoyed at the prospect of having to maintain perl code.  I, of course,
am from the camp that anything in our tree I am collectively responsible
for.

Additionally, I think merging apreq should be something for 2.4 not 2.2.
Adding it right *now* would cause a lot of delays.  For example, from a
quick glance, they use automake - which is a big no-no.  So, it'd take a
lot of effort to get it integrated in our build system.  I really think
that effort would best be placed in getting a solid 2.2 release out sooner.

If there is still a lot of interest, this can be something we merge in
right after we branch 2.2.x off into 2.3.x.  And can be an impetus for
2.4.x's release.

So, -0 in concept.  And, -1 for doing it today - it's not in a state that
can just slide into our tree at all without issues.  -- justin