httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.1.4 available for testing
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:25:22 GMT
At 06:44 AM 3/20/2005, Graham Leggett wrote:
>Oden Eriksson wrote:
>
>>Ahh! I thought that loading order was something from the past?
>
>The order of modules is no longer important for configuration purposes (as I understand),
but it is important for practical reasons when one module depends on another module, for example
in this case where mod_authnz_ldap depends on mod_ldap.

It would be nice if before 2.2 we got around to changing the
mod_ldap api to register optional functions.  It will still fail
to start if the user didn't load mod_ldap, but at least we would
accept them loaded in either order.