httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: do we still want sendfile enabled with our default conf files?
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:33:20 GMT
At 09:57 AM 3/17/2005, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>so I don't misunderstand, what do you consider "buggy platform" that
>APR can identify?

I don't believe it can identify every scenario you mentioned.
For what it's worth, any Win32 box that is borked for sendfile
is also likely borked for acceptex.

What I believe we can do (on platforms we can delve this) is
determine if the i_dev of the file served is sitting on a non-local
resource, and cripple sendfile automatically.

It would require some new apr_ intellegence of course.