httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Puzzling News
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:11:31 GMT
At 07:42 PM 3/16/2005, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>For anyone who wants to argue that this is a PHP-caused anomaly, note also
>-10% followed by +11% the following month:
>Big swings like that are almost always artificial.  One or two big domain parkers switching
versions or toggling the server header.  You can't deduce much from that.

Agreed.  February reports that both 1.3.33 and 2.0.53 are proving
sufficiently stable, ~90% push forward, ~10% fall back.  Of course
some users will encounter trouble and fall back to regroup.  Some
number less than 1 in 10 reassures me that the httpd project mostly
is moving forward.

I never look at the overall numbers, or number of adopters of any
given module.  Only looking for trends against the exact latest
release we've shipped.

View raw message