httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Mod_SSL in binaries
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:36:11 GMT
At 07:47 AM 3/12/2005, Graham Leggett wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>>In this case, the crypto provider is the Operating System distribution.
>>Don't quote me, but effectively, the Operating System provides the
>>crypto capability (or doesn't, based on legalities in the origin and
>>distribution countries.)
>>Microsoft Windows does not distribute OpenSSL.  It doesn't even
>>provide the WinSock SSL API which our mod_netware_ssl relies on.
>>So while their might be issues (I'm clarifying) for the most part
>>mod_ssl.so (with dynamic bindings) should not present an issue.
>
>My next question is "in light of this, may I make the mod_ssl binaries available alongside
the other httpd RPMS as an when httpd is released?". Could we get the legal people to confirm
whether this can be done?

If we answer for Win32, we answer for all platforms.  Because we
need to distribute libeay32/ssleay32 .dll files to be -useful-
on win32, everything we would do on Unix would be effectively the
same, or present fewer issues.

I will announce any conclusion I receive.