httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Mod_SSL in binaries
Date Sat, 12 Mar 2005 04:39:41 GMT
At 08:20 PM 3/11/2005, Graham Leggett wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>Is it correct to say that right now in the Unix domain, we are allowed to distribute a
binary mod_ssl on condition it is dynamically linked to a crypto library (SSL) not included
in the distribution?

In this case, the crypto provider is the Operating System distribution.
Don't quote me, but effectively, the Operating System provides the
crypto capability (or doesn't, based on legalities in the origin and
distribution countries.)

Microsoft Windows does not distribute OpenSSL.  It doesn't even
provide the WinSock SSL API which our mod_netware_ssl relies on.

So while their might be issues (I'm clarifying) for the most part
mod_ssl.so (with dynamic bindings) should not present an issue.

IANAL.

Bill