httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Auth_ldap experimental status (was:Re: [STATUS] (httpd-2.0) Wed Mar 9 23:45:36 2005)
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 19:22:10 GMT
At 11:47 AM 3/10/2005, Brad Nicholes wrote:
>   I am of the same opinion as Justin in that I believe that multiple
>auth providers can be put into 2.2 at anytime.

Given that we won't be doing multiple <Auth> Configs inside each
protocol, there is no tie in here to declaring ldap non-experimental.

I think the democratic thing here is for those who OBJECT to making
it non-experimental to justify their specific bugs/objections (not
'this should be 2.2' - but technical justification) that must be
fixed for them to be satisfied, in 2.0 STATUS.

Then, it's up to those interested in seeing it advanced from
experimental to propose the backports as patches (they aren't
trivial with the changes to the auth schema), and collect the
appropriate votes.

Once those patches are backported, it can be promoted.

In any case, on both sides of the argument, don't forget the
only valid veto is technical merit.

Due to the changes in config syntax, waiting on vendors to
update their modules, etc, there will be a lag, so it isn't
an unreasonable request.  +1 in principal, waiting to vote
on merit till I have some objections and patches to review.

Bill