httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Actively Promoting Apache 2
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:25:41 GMT
At 03:30 PM 3/1/2005, Ian Holsman wrote:
>The biggest hurdle 2.0 has had to face IMO is:
>- 1.3 isn't broken
>- we run 1.3 already
>- module XYZ only runs on 1.3
>- 2.0 doesn't do anything that 1.3 doesn't do anyway
>
>What I would suggest for your marketing campaign would be to write and submit several
technical articles about apache2 and how its new features and speed can help you save money,
reduce administration time, and enable a whole heap of new features from already written modules
which you would have had to custom develop yourself in 1.3.

++1.  Advocacy is key.  Marketing is (to this group of 'consumers')
simply noise.