httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r158303 - httpd/httpd/trunk/buildconf
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:58:15 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 11:26 PM 3/19/2005, pquerna@apache.org wrote:
>
>>Author: pquerna
>>Date: Sat Mar 19 21:26:22 2005
>>New Revision: 158303

>>Log:
>>Test for APR and APR-Util one directory bellow httpd too.  I like not having to put
them inside srclib.

> <grumf> I'm not keen on this change, since it complicates things
> unnecessarily - some day we discover a tag and roll organized like
> this out of the blue?

What do you mean?  I thought that the future goal was to unbundle apr*
in httpd releases?  So you're afraid of tagged and rolled (actually only
rolled, since tags don't include apr* anyway) tarballs that don't
contain srclib/apr* before we actually wish to unbundle?  Isn't that
the RM's responsibility?

> Does config.nice not do what you want?  Especially if you rename
> it config.me with all your absolute options that you don't tweak?

I don't see how that would help towards the unbundling goal.  Also for
development purposes it's way more convenient to allow apr* next to
httpd as to require it be in srclib/.

Sander