httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Shannon Eric Peevey <spee...@erikin.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] (httpd-2.0) Wed Mar 9 23:45:36 2005
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 02:17:37 GMT
Brad Nicholes wrote:
>    For 2.0 auth_ldap and mod_ldap it will probably forever remain
> experimental.  There have been a lot of changes that have gone into the
> 2.1 version that IMO allowed it to graduate from experimental to a
> standard module.  Most of these patches will never be backported to 2.0.
>  In fact Josh's patch will probably not be backported (although it is
> simple enough that it could be) simply because the two code bases have
> become so different that it is difficult to backport anything.  In most
> cases a backport is actually a rewrite.
>    For this reason, I am ++1 for any effort to get 2.1/2.2 to BETA and
> released.  Even if the latest "Multiple AAA provider" discussion has to
> wait for 2.4.  We need exposure for the new authnz_ldap and util_ldap
> modules as well as the new auth module structure itself.

Hi, y'all,

Sorry, if I have missed this discussion, but what is the status going to
be of 2.0 then.  Will any patches be backported into 2.0's mod_auth_ldap
to fix various problems, or should I ask folks to hold off on a
migration from 1.3 to 2.0, until we have 2.2 stable?  (The migration
being for made for the use of mod_auth_ldap).

thanks,

--
Shannon Eric Peevey
President - EriKin Corporation