httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: towards a 2.05 release
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:12:28 GMT
Joe Schaefer wrote:
> Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>

>>AFAICT, that module requires libapreq2.  So, we'd have to bring it all
>>into our tree.
>

> Why would you need to do that?  I don't know what Bill's expecting,
> but it'd be a total surprise to me if he were suggesting making
> mod_apreq2 a mandatory module for 2.2 (ie, always installed).  OTOH,
> C developers that want to use libapreq2 for their apache modules
> aren't well served unless apreq becomes a core feature of the server.
> Which might be a good idea for 2.4, or not.
>
> So if I were the one making the proposal for 2.2 inclusion, I'd
> offer to include those 4 C files referenced earlier, and configuring
> httpd to treat them as optional module.

I don't see how an optional module that depends on an external library
is that helpful compared to the current situation. (Module bundled with
the Library.)

It makes the most sense to me to include the library and module if we do
this.  I don't think including both should be done at this time.

-Paul