httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: <Host > and <Type > Container
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:31:45 GMT
Brian Akins wrote:
> Any thoughts about having two new config containers like these?
>
> <Host > and <HostMatch >
>
> Only apply config when ap_get_server_name(r) matches the directive. This
> could go after we walk the location.

+1, in concept.

I just was looking at the ap_get_server_name() function, and I didn't
like how it behaves when UseConicalName is 'on'.  It currently will
return 'r->server->server_hostname'.  This makes it hard for a dynamic
vhosting module to set it per-request.  If we copied the
r->server->server_hostname into r->hostname when the request was
created, then modules could easily override r->hostname.

> I have some hacks in some modules where the same Virtual server answers
> for multiple names but must act slightly different for some of them.
>

> <Type > and <TypeMatch >

Hmm. Less sure about this one.  It seems like it overlaps with other
things like AddOutputFilterbyType, but, it might be a better way to
handle it anyways:

<Type application/xml>
   AddOutputFilter XSLT;DEFLATE
   TransformOptions +ApacheFS