httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject <Host > and <Type > Container
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:19:32 GMT
Any thoughts about having two new config containers like these?

<Host > and <HostMatch >

Only apply config when ap_get_server_name(r) matches the directive.
This could go after we walk the location.

I have some hacks in some modules where the same Virtual server answers
for multiple names but must act slightly different for some of them.

<Type > and <TypeMatch >

Only apply when r->content_type matches.  This can be done, sort of, now
but it is very awkward.

Any thoughts?  I can do a patch if anyone thinks it will be worth the
time.  Otherwise, I'll keep my my own hacks in my modules.

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer