httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <>
Subject <Host > and <Type > Container
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:19:32 GMT
Any thoughts about having two new config containers like these?

<Host > and <HostMatch >

Only apply config when ap_get_server_name(r) matches the directive.
This could go after we walk the location.

I have some hacks in some modules where the same Virtual server answers
for multiple names but must act slightly different for some of them.

<Type > and <TypeMatch >

Only apply when r->content_type matches.  This can be done, sort of, now
but it is very awkward.

Any thoughts?  I can do a patch if anyone thinks it will be worth the
time.  Otherwise, I'll keep my my own hacks in my modules.

Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer
CNN Internet Technologies

View raw message