httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Striker <stri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.1.3 as beta
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2005 13:22:46 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> 2.1.3 tarballs at: <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/>
>
> I'd like to get enough votes for 2.1.3 to be a beta and commence the
> feature freeze towards a 2.2.0 GA.
>
> As we discussed at ApacheCon in November (over three months ago), this
> would mean we create a 2.2.x branch from the 2.1.3 tag and bump trunk to
> 2.3.0.

Given the fixes on trunk that went in since 2.1.3, I'd like to see a
2.1.4, and branch off of that.  I'll even volunteer to take care of
T&R'ing 2.1.4 upcoming thursday.

I feel this takes care of the mod_dav exports issue as well.

> By this point, I think that if a super-cool feature hasn't made it in
> yet, it's time to admit that the feature missed the boat and it needs to
> wait until 2.4.  I'm tired of waiting for 2.2 when there are excellent
> features in our trunk that are being held up for non-existent patches.

+1.  I've been one of the people causing the holdup with my preference
of getting the AAA user authentication/group membership split in 2.2.
Let's not have wishful thinking keep up 2.2.

I assume we are in agreement that the current AAA discussion shouldn't
hold up moving to 2.2 either.

Sander