httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Multiple AAA providers
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 16:39:21 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:10:35PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
>

>>The end goal is to simplify the providers so that you do not have to teach
>>each one how to handle multiple sources. The problem with implementing
>>multiple sources in one provider is that the end users assumes that the
>>same is possible in other providers, and is surprised when they find out
>>the hard way it's not.
>>

>I don't believe it would simplify anything other than mod_auth_ldap.

As I really only care about mod_auth_ldap, that's fine by me.

If I cared about any other authentication module, however, I'd want this
done in a completely general way across all modules.  Why?  So I could
rely on being able to do this with any/all authentication modules with a
consistent configuration approach.  Doing this in each module will
result in only a handful doing it and each doing it differently.

Again, I really only care about LDAP, though, so I'd be happy with
inconsitency, etc -- as long as it solves the issue for LDAP authentication.

--
Jess Holle