httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Multiple AAA providers
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2005 12:26:29 GMT

> This functionality would be useful for more than just LDAP: you might want
> to use two different flat file databases, or maybe you want to auth
> someone in LDAP and someone else in SQL.
>
> This is really an AAA-wide question rather than an LDAP specific question.
>
> Anyone know how difficult this would be to do in the current AAA structure?

I think we just need another status besides

typedef enum {
    AUTH_DENIED,
    AUTH_GRANTED,
    AUTH_USER_FOUND,
    AUTH_USER_NOT_FOUND,
    AUTH_GENERAL_ERROR
} authn_status

something like AUTH_DECLINED, which would mean that the current provider is
passing on doing the checking.  code that into the provider loop and you're
done.

I can find the time to do this probably this week if justin or the other
provider authors think it's a good idea.

--Geoff