httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: 2.1.4 available for testing
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:16:41 GMT
On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 05:37:01PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> First, I'm -1 on moving 2.1.4 to -beta- until the conflicts
> between apr-iconv 0.9 and 1.x are resolved.  The apr team is
> currently addressing this.

Would you be against re-rolling 2.1.4 with an updated apr-iconv that uses the
APR_ICONV1_PATH environment variable instead and calling that 2.1.4 tarball
beta?  My understanding is that this change is done entirely within APR-iconv
and does not have any direct effect on httpd.  Therefore, the httpd code
is identical and unchanged: only the dependency is updated.

I'm reluctant to waste yet another release because a dependency has bugs that
have nothing whatsoever to do with httpd.  I also still feel that these are
issues that would be safe to resolve during the beta process.  -- justin