httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.1.3 as beta
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:22:59 GMT
On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 08:49:52AM +0100, Sander Striker wrote:
> So what is failing to build?  2.1.3?  Or trunk?  Only on
> win32, or on other platforms as well?  Can you reproduce?

Note that 2.1.3 fails to build on Win32 because APR 1.1.0 doesn't build.

This Win32 failure is *not* an httpd problem.  Mladen reported that using
APR trunk worked fine with 2.1.3.

The Win32-savvy APR developers need to figure out what's wrong and help us
backport the changes to APR 1.1.x and help us release 1.1.1.   (IMHO, with my
APR hat on, releasing 1.2.0 is not an option for APR as apr_dbd isn't ready.)

I and others have repeatedly said that we refuse to tie *any* httpd release to
a non-released version of APR.  And, I don't like to see httpd -1ed because
APR screwed something up.  -- justin