httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Burgoyne <burgo...@keenuh.com>
Subject Re: Puzzling News
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:24:47 GMT
I can go even one step further. 255 servers, 2.5 Gig of ram, huge config
(200 virtuals hosts, 1500 redirect rules, 2000 rewrite rules, 300 proxy
rules) and I never go into swap using prefork.

Mind you, no PHP, and that helps significantly.

I'll max out on CPU long before memory is all likelyhood, so worker offers
no advantages. I'd say in a large enterprise system where RAM is expensive
with maybe 8 CPU's, then worker may make sense. For smaller scale out
installations, no need.

Jeffrey Burgoyne

Chief Technology Architect
KCSI Keenuh Consulting Services Inc