httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.1.3 as beta
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:48:31 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> If we're serious about APR having a life of its own, let's put our
> money where our mouth is and unbundle them.  As soon as that happens,
> APR will get packaged in all the distros.  It works for me:
> httpd-2.1 builds and runs with APR-1.x.  If it fails on some
> platforms, that's simply a bug that needs fixing before release.

+1.

We now support ASF packaging files (starting with RPM derivatives and
Solaris PKG) for separate installs of both APR and httpd, the end goal
being that if we lead the way with how httpd and APR should be packaged,
distro maintainers will (hopefully) follow. Redhat/Fedora (and others)
already supports separate installs, and I am on the case for getting
Sunfreeware to support system packages for APR. Hopefully this will
build enough incentive for getting other platforms to ship the packages
this way too.

Regards,
Graham