httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: will the sun still shine when we get any next 2.1+ release?
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:13:42 GMT
Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>

>>The httpd-2.1 tree was entirely busted on Win32 by the pcre
>>reorganization.  Hoping that my fixes have already addressed
>>this for Win32 users, without any nasty side effects for the
>>Unix/Netware/etc builds.
>
> I'm having problems again with compiling APR with LDAP support with MSCV6;
> can you perhaps point me to the proper D/L location for thse LDAP 3.0 headers?
> or is is possible to build with Novell Windows CLDAP headers? If so, where do I have
to change hat? I tried the flag in apr_ldap.h but that was not enough...

> Guenter.

Yep, this is a very annoying problem. I should be able download 2.1 and APR and compile the
two with MSVC++ 6
into an operating server on Windows.  Needing to go outside the ASF to find LDAP header files
in order to get
a build is not acceptable. I'd fix it if I had an hour or 3 to unravel the knot.

Bill