httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 2.1.3 as beta
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:41:34 GMT
On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 16:57 +0100, Matthieu Estrade wrote:

> I think it's the best way.
> Maybe we could also provide two packages, httpd-with-apr and another one
> without apr

How about the main release  (i.e. the one advertised on the download
page) having a bundled APR in it (so that folks don't have problems
building) and the other one (http-bare or something) for distribution
makers, in a bit more obscure place? This would make sure that people
that know what their doing have things the way they want them (split up)
and people that may not know about it don't have to deal with it.

I know this would mean that some bugs could pop up related to the APR
release underneath, but this would be distro specific, making the
problem again in the hands of people that know what they're doing.

--
Bojan