httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: The use of CORE_PRIVATE
Date Sun, 13 Feb 2005 23:08:36 GMT
Quoting Bojan Smojver <bojan@rexursive.com>:

> If "canned" sub-request functions are used, "custom"
> sub-request functionality is difficult to achieve without not so nice
> workarounds.

The above comment is in relation to server/request.c file and functions defined
there. There is a static function make_sub_request(), which is obviously not
visible from the public API. In order to get to that function to contruct a
request, one has to call either of ap_sub_req_method_uri(),
ap_sub_req_lookup_dirent() or ap_sub_req_lookup_file(). However, all of these
are "canned" functions that already call either ap_run_quick_handler() or
ap_process_request_internal(), before giving the module's author a chance to
customise the request further (e.g. add more headers and such), before calling
any hooks.

If somehow make_sub_request() could be a public function ap_make_sub_request()
or something similar, all my issues would go away...

--
Bojan