httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bojan Smojver <bo...@rexursive.com>
Subject Re: The use of CORE_PRIVATE
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 04:00:15 GMT
Quoting Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org>:

> If you *do* need something hidden by CORE_PRIVATE, then bring it up along
> with a rationale for why that thing should be made public. That's your
> best solution.

Get it.

For example, function ap_create_request_config() is required in order to create
request_config for every new request. It knows about some internal sizes and
the like. It is under CORE_PRIVATE, so any module that needs to construct an
internal request is out of luck. I would think that many modules construct and
execute internal requests via ap_process_request_internal(), so this is bread
and butter stuff (for instance, I can see a use of it in
xs/Apache/RequestUtil/Apache__RequestUtil.h of mod_perl 2.0.0-RC4).

I don't have the other functions that I needed handy, but I will post them back
to the thread a bit later on.

--
Bojan